The Perfect Teenage Birthday Party
If you’re the parent of a pre-teen or teenage girl, you’ll know how hard it can be to find something for them to do to celebrate their birthday. Many traditional party options are too young for them, yet they’re too young to hit the town on their own and limousine parties can break the bank.
So let VisualChaos offer you a solution – a photo shoot birthday experience! The best thing is that they get a birthday experience to remember they can enjoy with their friends (or fellow models) and the ‘party bag’ is built right in as each of the stars of the shoot can choose their favourite photograph to remind them of their modelling session.
With the emphasis on having fun, keeping it age appropriate and building confidence, Sarah (our photographer) will guide the girls through everything they need to know to create a brilliant set of finished images in a variety of styles.
The girls are invited to bring along up to four outfit changes and a lot of the fun of this type of session is the planning and coordination of the styling. Our young clients are incredibly creative and always thinking of new ideas but things that are always popular include, jeans and tshirts, black and white outfits, neon brights, onesies, dancewear, sportswear, and it’s always nice to finish with some glamour with prom or party dresses.
Perfect for girls aged 10 to 16
Birthday girl and up to 4 friends
Up to four outfit changes
Fully edited image gallery to select from
No sales or viewing session to attend. Simply view and order in your private online gallery.
Session includes five digital images – £250
The Photo Shoot
The session starts as the birthday girl arrives at the studio with up to three friends. They meet with Sarah and have a short design consultation where they discuss their ideas, arrange their outfits and their unique photographic session is designed, then it’s off to start the photo shoot.
Ready for your Close Up
Once in the studio, we will give the girls a basic fun understanding of the principles of posing and then we’ll work through a variety of group and individual sets of images.
It’s a Wrap!
When the session is finished and everyone has packed their outfits away, the work for our models is over and they can head off to pizza, cinema, sleepover or whatever else the day has in store for them.
After the Shoot
But our work is only half done, we take all of their images into our professional editing suite to brush them up and give them a ‘magazine ready’ finish. We remove blemishes and make sure our models are looking their most fierce and fabulous best in the final images.
We have a very simple approach to session pricing. All sessions are priced the same and include the photography session, the post production work and 5 digital images. You do not need to re-visit the studio for a “sales” meeting like you do with other studios, you proof the images at home in your private online portfolio for up to 30 days. Just let us know your five favourites and we will link you to the high-resolution images for download. You’re of course welcome to order more images if you’d like them and this is done directly from your online gallery.
Be Your Own Stylist
Half the fun of the experience is getting together with your friends and planning your outfits. Your experience includes up to four changes so you want to try to make the most of them and choose things that give you the biggest variety. The chances are that you’ll already have a load of stuff that will work, especially if you can get together and swap accessories etc so there’s no need to spend a fortune. The only limit is your imagination but some ideas that have worked well in the past include…
- Plain white t-shirts and blue jeans – it’s classic and timeless
- Pyjamas – (don’t forget your teddy bears)
- Neon Brights – any combination of anything that is super bright and fun
- Black/White – wear all black or white with one different coloured accessory per person
- Prom Dresses – it’s really fun to bring along something a little more formal for one section of your shoot, all girls should have a little glamour!
- Leggings and Baggy Tops – cool and chilled
- School Jumpers/Uniform – well yes that does sound a bit weird but if you’re getting near to the end of your time at school with your girlfriends, it might be fun to look back and remember what you looked like when…
- Hawaiian Cool – no you don’t have to wear grass skirts (unless you want to) but shorts and beach tops plus flower garlands is pretty and
- Winter Warm – the opposite of above, scarves, coats, hats and wellies.
- Tiaras and Wings – well what girl doesn’t have an inner fairy waiting to burst out. Well some don’t, but if you do this could be a good option for you.
- Anything else you can think of...
You’ll be barefoot for some of the shots so don’t forget your pedi!
Being Fabulous and Having Fun!
Party photo shoot sessions are supposed to be fun! OK we’ll teach you some basic tricks of the trade but it’s not going to be all work, work, work. The most important thing is that you have a fabulous time, lots of giggles, and a birthday experience to remember. Sarah will help you every step of the way so you don’t need to worry if you’re not sure what to do, how to stand or strike a pose. Your inner goddess is sure to shine through in the final photos so just relax and enjoy.
Terms and Conditions
Everything has rules and this is no exception – we try to keep it to a minimum though…
- Groups of ladies under 16 must have an adult present during their shoot at all times
- Each session is for a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5 girls – too many divas in one place can be dangerous
- Even if you are in an older group and of a legal age for it, no alcohol is allowed at the shoot
- No other photography is allowed at the session – sorry girls, put those camera phones away!
- Due to our studio space limitations, we recommend having only one adult/parent attending if possible. Our boutique studio has a great space for shooting but no other waiting areas.